March 28, 2007

Bad Tech - Week Two

I love tech companies. Not.

I bought my replacement internal keyboard from Dell instead of getting it from the States, because I had been told by the tech support people that they had it on site. The woman in Sales swore up and down she'd expedite things.

Then I get an email saying that my order is delayed and I should get it on April 2.

Woo!

Last night, the stylus on my Palm LifeDrive disappeared somewhere on the tube home. One of the unusual features of these styli is that they have a spring and pop up when pressed down. Esthetically, it looks neat. (There is a downside when stuffing your hand in your pocket on the train, though.)

So I went to the Palm site this morning. Unfortunately, they no longer sell LifeDrive accessories on their site. They were able to bounce me to a couple of sites that still sold accessories. I tried the first one. They sold me the product. Later, I found out that they didn't have the product and would have to order it. It won't arrive until next Friday — April 6 or so.

On the other hand, the Sales guy was pleasant and local rather than being in a call center, so I was willing to stay with a local business and keep my order.

Still going to whine about it, though.

Update: AIGH! Dell just delayed my keyboard again. Now they don't have it in stock and I have to wait another three or four days. I called them and they said they have to order the keyboards special. And if I get a UK keyboard. That'll take three to five days. (Because obviously, they don't have one of those keyboards as well. I guess.)

No comments: