September 20, 2006

Landed and Lost

Welcome to my first post here.

I wish I had something pithy or clever to say, but no. I arrived at Heathrow yesterday morning and took a cab to my hotel. Calling ahead helped, because there was a room on the third floor for me. (Carting my belongings up to it was a joy as I stumbled along in terminal sleep deprivation — I wish I was the type of person that could sleep on a plane, but other than an hour or so, I was up for the entire flight.)

After a couple of hours of a nap, I was up and ready to try to find housing. Unfortunately, there was nothing available at the letting agent that I knew. I spent the afternoon checking web sites and making calls. I saw a nice place that was looking for roommates, but haven't heard back yet.

*crossing fingers and toes*

Today, I was an absolutely beautiful place that cost more than the gross national product of Peru. It was an incredible place though: 24 hour concierge service, on-site gym with a sauna. It came furnished with a huge plasma TV. Pity, I couldn't afford it.

This afternoon, more running around and talking to letting agents to see about getting a roomshare or an apartment. I have hope. (I sort of have to, I need a place to live.)

-J

1 comment:

Al Toid said...

Definite. I'm settling and everything.