December 7, 2006

Socialized Medicine

Okay, I'm sure a big part of this is that it's working in my favor, but to be honest, I have to say that some of the nationalized health care is a good thing.

  1. Certain medical conditions allow you to get your medicine for free. One of them is hypothyroidism, which is what I have.

  2. Your GP (General Practitioner, I think) is always in your neighborhood, so you don't have to schlep all the way into the city itself when you're sick.

  3. They actually put you at ease and take a moment to chat with you when you come in, rather than giving you the precise four and a half minutes of face time, followed by a few minutes with a nurse.


The not so good, the waiting, etc... I haven't really had to deal with yet. We'll see what happens next. I'm just happy that I have a 3 month supply of my meds.

No comments: