July 21, 2007

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Okay, what the living hell have I been doing? All the mania. All the stressing out. For a book. I was very happy that I gave in to the hype but not crazily so.

I went to bed last night at a reasonable time. I headed into the city centre this morning to pick up the book and have some breakfast. Happily, a store that I like was in the grips of Potter induced craziness and had the doors opened at 7:30am, so I was able to buy the book earlier than expected. Unfortunately, though the owners were hoping for legions of fans, the store was empty other than two twenty-something clerks chatting to each other at almost 9, when I showed up. I picked up the book, headed over to a cafe for a nice little breakfast. And then headed home to curl up with a book and listen to the radio.

All in all, it's been a nice day. And look, no spoilers to ruin anything for anyone.

No comments: