June 5, 2008

Bonus!

I love when Karma works my way. I was looking for some place to kill some time before my memoir workshop started and found out that the class will be right next to Doyles, an institution here in JP. The food's always been good here, so I'm really looking forward to it.

And to think this is the first time I've been here without someone driving. The nice thing about being clueless is that the world has many more welcome surprises that way.

The food didn't disappoint. The garden burger frozen and adequate, but then hand-carved garlic fries and crisp lettuce and tomato on the top were fantastic. Even better was listening to the two men next to me handicapping the democratic Veepstakes like they would a racing form. Clearly, my kind of bar.

2 comments:

Jeff said...

My understanding is they serve alcoholic beverages there. And you might be able to get corned beef, too.

I remember seeing photos of the dim bulbs from the NRO going there during the 2004 DNC. I hope they liked the mural behind the bar.

Al Toid said...

Alcohol, you say?
I did see that in evidence. As well as a ball game on the TVs.