October 17, 2006

Gaming!

Went to the London Gamers group last night for their usual Monday night gaming. I know that I said this last time I was here, but damn... I do like the way they do things here.

We meet at the Black Horse pub, where we're ensconced at the upstairs bar/events room. It's quiet, well lit, pleasant, and the staff is fantastic. Want something to eat? Pop downstairs to the pub and order your dinner or something to drink. Either carry up your drinks or wait for them to be sent up in the dumb waiter with the food orders.

Periodically, the staff will come upstairs to take away empties, plates and the like. You can't complain about that sort of service.

When you have a room full of gamers, at times, it can get loud, but for the most part things are much quieter here than they are in the States.

I joined a new game recently and last night was the first table top game. The GM is an Italian web designer/programmer/writer (he writes cyberpunk stuff) and the other players are his girlfriend and a German that works for Yahoo! in marketing. We're playing Star Wars, which was a lot of fun.

Due to scheduling conflicts, we won't be playing again until November. I did hear about a GURPS player over the weekend. Hopefully, I can find a game for my GURPS fix, soon.

No comments: