October 18, 2006

It's Enough to Restore Your Faith in Mankind...

I got home from work last night and found that I had a letter from the Lost Property office of the London Underground. They thought they might have found my Palm LifeDrive. I headed over this morning and found that they did indeed have it. (Unlike in the States, you have to pay to get your lost property back here; £10 later, I had my old Palm in hand and headed back to the office.)

The person that returned it didn't leave a name/number or anything. As far as I can tell, the only thing that the faceless person (or the Tube staff) did was diddle with the Palm enough to see the menu of programs.

Now I've got two of the damned things to schlep around. It could be far worse. (I did make sure that I set up both of them to secure themselves and need a password to log back in. I thought about using the data encryption office on the LifeDrive, but the damned thing is just way too slow to encrypt due to the hard drive (versus the flash drive on the other Palm, the T|X.

Getting everything up and running while trying to get some work done this afternoon.

No comments: