October 6, 2006

Things to do to Polish friends that visit...

Last night, my flatmate and I went to the Polish Social & Cultural Association in Hammersmith for dinner with a friend of his. I had been to a Polish restaurant in Dorchester, back in Boston, with friends and figured I'd get some potato pancakes and maybe some borscht or something.

Big mistake.

The menu was only in Polish. I think the only word that I recognize was pierogi. (Not speaking Polish, we had to defer to my flatmate's friend.) He ordered what he told us the women behind the counter said was good.

Pierogies, pork loin with potatoes, sauerkraut, and pig's knuckles. *Shudder*

The pork loin, potatoes, and the bread were very good. The pierogies were all okay. I really only needed one taste of the pig's knuckle to decide that the others would like it more than I would.

I can't wait until my Polish friends come to visit, so that I can inflict this on them.

No comments: