January 25, 2007

Dresden on iTunes

Okay, I can get access to US TV for $19.95 for a season pass to various TV shows. For that, I get my TV shows in easy to digest half a gig iTunes format. That'll take about a half hour to download and almost forty-five minutes to watch. The picture will be tiny (though it can be expanded until the picture looks more than a little off) and the sound (at least in the one iTunes episode that I've watched) will be a little sketchy.

I'm not sure if I want to do that again. I think I may be happier whining about missing a show I want to watch and catching it on DVD next year.

That said, I liked The Dresden Files. Much like the TV show, Bones, it varies in many major areas from the books that the series is based upon. That said, I think I like it and I think it could stand on it's own well. The main character was easy to look at and the character has a similar mix of hard-boiled and caring to the character of the same name that Butcher has written.

They removed some of the things that I loved about the character in the conversion to the small screen: difficulties with technology, the beloved VW, and the sort of wizard's cave of an apartment. Hell, they even changed Bob, the skull. But I can see why some of these changes had been made and I'm certainly willing to see where they go with this.

No comments: