January 30, 2007

Idiot in Motion

Now, if you've done better on your SATs than the average rutabaga, then, you'll probably see the problem earlier than I did.

I've had problems with carpal tunnel in the past, though luckily not bad enough to need surgery. Just bad enough that sometimes I have to wear a brace and sleep with a different brace.

On Sunday, I played volleyball. And served the ball, as I had been taught in High School—which is to hit it with force, underhanded on the heel of my hand. We practiced for three hours or so, so I served the ball repeatedly.

Monday, surprise surprise, my wrist felt like someone had hammered a spike into it. The sad part was that it took me nine, ten hours to put the cause and effect together. I figured it out just before bed and dug my night brace out before going to bed and followed that with some ibuprofen. I don't know if it was one or the other or both, but in the morning, I could probably even have juggled without needing an EMT on standby.

More stupidity is surely to follow...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think what puzzles me the most is you didn't take ibu even without realizing the cause?

Though I know what you mean. It wasn't until AFTER I kept flipping the router back with my wrist over & over for an evening that I realized that perhaps that wasn't a bright plan...

Glad you feel better!

Megan

Al Toid said...

Me, too. :)
And I did take ibu at work. Here they don't sell the 250 pill bottles. They just have 16 or so in bubble packs in boxes.