March 16, 2008

Robbed!

First off, let's insert some gratuitous and much needed profanities.

Once that's done... We're ready to discuss it.

Was away for the weekend. A visit out to Western Mass to spend time with the family. Actually, had a lot of fun. Played with my nephews and nieces wandered around the mall, got some stuff out of storage, and generally had fun.

Came back home to find change spilled all over the floor in my bedroom. (Was a little confused by this. Dropped the bags and looked around. All the drawers were opened, and it looked like everything had been rifled through. Went next door to check with the landlord -- had my roommate mentioned anything about our being robbed? Nope, and she just talked with him the other day. She promised to send over her husband, the cop.)

We looked around, he had me call 911 and then I got to spend some time with the police officer that came to take my statement and then the detectives that showed up to dust for prints.

Basically, as far as I could piece together. My roommate went out to a bar and picked up someone that didn't look skeevy. They came back to the apartment, had an enjoyable evening and then had breakfast in the morning. My roommate went back to bed. His friend hung out in the living room, watching TV. When my roommate woke up, his new friend was gone.

Gone, but not forgotten. He'd helped himself to some clothes in my room, money that I had lying around, my portable DVD player, some prescription drugs that I had, some jewlery, my old Palm, and a backpack. On the other hand, he was nice enough to leave me his clothes. So I guess he considered that a nice trade. Though I think my Doc Martens, my leather jackets, etc... were a little bit better than his work boots, chino's and sweater.

The best I can say is that all my really expensive stuff: the MacBook, the iPod, my digital camera, the cell phone, and my current Palm were all with me out in Western Mass, so it wasn't as bad as it could have been. It still annoys the living crap out of me, but it wasn't as bad as it could have been and no one got hurt.

I'll have a chat with my roommate tomorrow and we'll try to get this sorted out. I'll start cleaning things up, because I've got guests coming in this weekend and all next week.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a tosser! I shall do your swearing for you honey :o) I know you'd appreciate that. Shall I come and sort him out for you?

Al Toid said...

Nah, I'm set. You can slap the hell out of the next one.

Unknown said...

Oh, jeez, JP, that just sucks...

Unknown said...

Damn.

Consider getting a padlock for the door if your roommate has a habit of bringing back tricks...